Thursday, September 11, 2014

For The Record

Lest we forget......

  The students at the University of Tennessee planted nearly 3,000 flags on campus to commemorate the anniversary of the attack on our country.

  Our lives have never been the same since that day.

 



  Claire's life has changed, too.  Episode 5 had her traveling with the lads while they collect the rents.  When she heard singing/chanting, she found these ladies waulking wool!!!! 
  Score another point for textiles!

  Yes, Outlander is proving to be a wonderful series!

  I read somewhere that these ladies often demonstrate waulking at festivals in Scotland.  Now they are getting international recognition.



  My fellow Tuesday Weavers inspired me to weave my own mobius scarf on the rigid heddle loom.  I was inspired by Carl's Big Orange scarf, and thought I would try just orange and white (which just happens to be favorite colors in this part of the country.)  I think that when I turn the scarf, I'll get a checkerboard pattern with the colors.  I'll post the results next week.

  Tina and I will be headed to the Museum for the Days of the Pioneer Antique Show.  She'll be spinning on the porch while I weave in the Loom House.  They'll be lots of wonderful vendors from all over the country.
  I still need to join some additional strips...just in case!  It always seems that I talk more than I weave, but I want to make sure I have plenty of weft prepared!

  I think that doing the things we love to do is one way we can fight the craziness of the world out there.  Maybe the world leaders need to take notice:  we don't fight over our fiber.  We can usually be found sharing it with our fellow fiber friends.  I think there's a lesson here.....just saying.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the pattern results in a checkerboard pattern, it will look like the end zone at Neyland Stadium! TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!!!!