Sunday, August 10, 2014

Such Excitement!!

I know, I'm supposed to blog on Monday. Well, we're almost at midnight! Actually, I wanted to post this picture and it was in an email. I can download pictures from my camera chip pretty nicely but I had no clue how to do it from an email so DH helped me. Hopefully, now I'll know how to do it next time when such an occasion arises!
So what's all the excitement about? Well, my niece up in Canada was due on Monday, August 4. However, she was a bit late. All along, once she'd said when her due date was, I kept telling her she should just wait til Friday, August 8. That's my birthday. We have alot of birthdays and anniversaries in August. It's a full month. In fact, there are 3 birthdays on August 18. Yeah, my nephew was not happy about her not waiting til then. The mother of this baby's birthday is the 18th as well.....so all week I'd call home and find out there was no news on the baby watch. However, I woke on Friday, my birthday, to a note from my niece that's getting married next month. She told me that her sister had gone to the hospital and it looked like my wish was coming true. 
Sure enough, shortly afterward I got a few pictures. This little one is barely a couple of hours old in this picture. My Mom is holding her, her first great grandchild!! 
 She's waited a long time for this moment, when she could hold her great grandchild. At 90, she's so thrilled to be a part of her life!
I'm so excited about sharing my birthday with someone. It's a good date for one. This way you never have to worry about whether someone wants the day or the month first when filling out forms. It's just 8/8! I love it! Anna will as well once she is old enough to have to deal with things like this!

On the weaving front, after weaving one chocolate warp, how about another one? This one was so much more cheerful. The other one had rusts and cranberry mixed with the brown. It was warm and soothing. This one has natural and jade. It's so cheerful and was actually more fun to weave than the other one. Maybe it's because of the brighter colors but it seemed to go more quickly than the other one.
 I'm in the process of washing and then cutting and sewing the pieces from the two warps.
I just put another warp on the loom. It's black, my least favorite color to weave but I know these pieces will sell so I'm spending the first part of the week weaving it off. I've got season 4 of NCIS on the DVD player and it'll run in the background while I throw my shuttle and watch the fabric roll onto the cloth beam!!

Later this week I have to pack my van. Normally I go to Canada toward the end of July to visit my family. However my niece is getting married in Sept and I've been informed that I need to help. So I have been getting ready to go, rounding up a few items that they needed to help make the day special for her. I plan to leave early next Sunday morning so that I can arrive in Moose Jaw on Wednesday afternoon. Because of the travel, I'm not sure how it'll work to write next week. I may try to write on Sunday again or skip a week. I'll do my best to find a signal. It's 2000 miles one way and I do it with a day off to visit family in Winnipeg.
I hope I don't forget to pack something!
Until then, keep weaving!
Carol

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Well, safe travels, beautiful weaving and woohoo on the new family addition!

Linda said...

Aaawww so sweet!

Tina J said...

Yay! A birthday buddy, how sweet! I love the brown and blue together. I hope we get a chance to see the final garments.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations.