Monday, July 21, 2014

Whirlwind week!

Another whirlwind weekend for me!! This past weekend I was in Asheville at the Southern Highland Craft Guild's July show. It was 4 days long. That's a long time to sit in a booth and be with people! I so much prefer my studio!! However, it's important to meet the public and to sell my things so I was there.
 I actually forgot to take a picture before the show started so by the time I remembered, alot of things had been sold but I have plenty so the booth looked nice.
 I like to take pictures of the booths around me so that you can see what I saw for 4 days. This potter uses nature themes on the pieces. They really have a collection of work. It's kind of nice to see a person who focuses on one thing and does it well.
 The other direction I looked at had woodworking. Furniture and bowls. Imagine having a wooden sink. Apparently it works great. They have had one for 10 years and it's been fine. Makes for an interesting potential in remodeling a bathroom!!
I'm just glad to be home now and able to settle down for a few weeks before heading north.II'll be Blogger is causing me fits today. So I'll be signing off! Until next week, keep weaving! Carol

No comments: