Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sometimes It's The Little Things


I couldn't decide which picture I liked best, so you're getting both!









  I noticed Biscuit watching something in the grass very closely, and went out to check on the situation.  (Biscuit is the indoor/outdoor cat.)    Momma rabbit had done a great job of teaching this kit to stay very STILL.  I scooped up Biscuit and carried her to the house, and grabbed my camera.  Baby was still frozen in place...so I got these pictures.  When I tickled the baby with a blade of grass, she took off to the woods!!! 



  My kids were able to mount the bat house on the big old maple tree in the back yard.  We often see bats swooping down over the pool during the humid summer nights, and I had been wanting a new box since the old one had fallen off last year. 
  There is no shortage of wild life up here on the Ridge!





  And, just on the other side of my ridge, Tina's neighbor keeps bees!!!  She was able to get me some of this fabulous local honey....and I made a fresh batch of granola!!!
  The bees have busy on the blackberry briars in the Green Belt....that means nice, plump blackberries in a month or so!!!!




  My little summer scarf project....I tried this once before, and it didn't work out the way I wanted.  So, here we go, again.  This is a heathered lavender, and it will dress up my white top that I wear a lot in the summer.  Keep your fingers crossed.........

  Sometimes it's the little joys that make each day special.....just take time to enjoy them!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I've always wanted to try that scarf pattern. You lead the way, please!

Bonnie said...

Bring the scarf to the center when it is done. I think when tension is off it is going to ge beautiful.