Thursday, October 11, 2012

Here I Sit

Sharen insisted that I have a picture, too.
No....I'm not at the Peters' Cabin at the Museum of Appalachia this morning.

  I'm in my kitchen making a list of all the things I need to do.

  Linda, Ms. Ila and LaDonna are at the Museum this morning.....they should have the fire in the fireplace going by now.  We had a Frost Advisory this morning, and I bet the cabin was a little chilly when they arrived.  The good news is that it is a beautiful sunny day.






  Linda, Carol, Tina, Sharen, Christy and I took all the totes over to the Museum yesterday to set up our booth for the Homecoming.  The "Porch Musicians" were inside the cabin by the fire, so we couldn't do much except put up the table and store the tubs under the table.  The Museum had visitors roaming around the grounds, so we didn't feel like we could really put things out.








   Linda and Sharen did attempt to put up the pole for displaying the rugs.  That will be a colorful sight for folks approaching the cabin!






  I made a dozen Straw Loom Kits Tuesday night to take for the weekend....I'll try to get more made today.

  I also have some tote bags that Carl and Bonnie wove at the Center that I need to finish up on the sewing machine.  And, that's my job for today!!!  I'll take them when Tina, Joyce and I head out in the morning.  Sadly, they are calling for morning rain showers.  The good news is that it won't be as chilly.
  And, now it's time for me to get down to the sewing machine and finish up those totes.  The serger is working like a dream, so all should go smoothly.  I'm sure Tina will have lots of pictures to share tomorrow of our display!
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Great picture of you on the porch! I didn't see any showers in the forecast, just general chilliness

Bonnie said...

Have a great time.