Friday, May 25, 2012

Lizzie

I had planned to post about all the stuff I have woven this week, but something happened last night that took that right out of my head.  I had posted some months ago about my Great Wheel's wheel being in the shop to fix some loose spindles, some so loose they would fall out!  Well the wheel came home last evening.

My woodworking friend did a marvelous job, and he asked me some questions about how the whole thing worked.  Of course, I was more than happy to give a demonstration!

She spins like a dream!  I have decided to name her Lizzie, after the woman who used her more than a century ago.  I have to name her because I now have another Great Wheel, that I am putting together from random Ebay auctions.  (Those pieces are in Alans workshop for some repairs.)  I posted about that wheel on my Farmsteadstudio blog.


Isn't she a beauty! I am so glad, I was hoping that she would be back before our Spin-in the last Saturday in June.

On the weaving front, I plan to empty 2 looms by next Wednesday.  I am not far from that happening, really, maybe 1 baby blanket on one loom and maybe 2 or 3 napkins on the other.

I need to put on a custom order for 10 bread cloths with a Leno lace insert, of course, I will put on enough for at least 20 and do a Swedish lace insert on the others.  I love a loom controlled lace!  Much easier on my hands!  Never a dull moment around here!

Until next time, Happy Weaving and Spinning, Tina

3 comments:

LA said...

I'm so glad Lizzie has made her way home! She is a beautiful wheel!

Linda said...

She looks wonderful! I am so glad you bought her that day because if you didn't I was going to! LOL. I really didn't have the room. She is unlike any great wheel I have ever seen!

Bonnie said...

She is beautiful. Glad you are happpy with her.