Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Intentions

 Yesterday, I intended to go to Norris and visit my friends at Tuesday Weaving, but I also had an appointment with an electrician, my friend Dan Longo, to install a new microwave.  Dan is the best electrician in the universe, no exaggeration, and certainly the tidiest.  He covers even dirty floors like mine with drop cloths to keep from making them dirtier.  He took out my old, beat up microwave and replaced it with the nearly-new one Krissy gave me last month.  The new one is shiny stainless steel and none of my other appliances are.  I watch enough HGTV to know that is a big no-no, but I'm never selling my house, so I don't care right now.  A beautiful new stainless steel stove would be lovely, but there's nothing wrong with the white one I have, so it stays.
  Anyway, Dan took a few hours to install the microwave because I wanted the outlet in the cupboard that had been flopping around in the way of anything I tried to store in it out of the way.  He did that, and it looks fabulous.
  So, instead of going to Norris, I worked on the warp formerly known as the baby blanket warp.  I finished it today, and am ready to weave!  Here are the first few picks.  I've decided to make it into a shawl for myself, complete with crystal beading on the fringe, inspired by Sue at Thrums --http://weeverwoman.blogspot.com-- who beads the ends of her scarves so beautifully.
  And next to this loom is a dog.  No, I don't mean Bella.  I am referring to the 8 shaft loom with the turned overshot kitchen curtain warp.  I made some major mistakes on this warp, and I just can't look at it anymore.  Here is its parting shot.  I will cut it off when I'm done posting here, and it will be unwound.  I will be careful, because I can't stand to waste that much yarn.  I will try to figure out how to keep it intact enough to rethread it, but it will have to wait.  I really, really want to weave a shag rug for my son's birthday, which is only 28 days from now.  I absolutely love weaving shag rugs, and it's about time I gave up on that silly warp!
Have a fabulous spring week!  Happy weaving!--Maggie

2 comments:

LA said...

We missed you....but I know you're glad the microwave is safely installed! I think it looks very nice!!!! Sorry about the turned overshot...did you stick some dowels in the cross? I still haven't put a turned overshot on the loom yet!!!! Can't wait to see the shawl!

Bonnie said...

Microwave looks nice. Sorry you did not make it on Tuesday, but it important to get it installed.
You will have to bring the shawl on Tuesday for us to see.