Wednesday, May 19, 2010
LouAnn's color and other loominaria activity
I still have one more bunch of threads to go on the linen warp at the center. I have 262 measured so far. I was going with 24 epi, because that's what it came out to wrapped on a ruler, but since handling it for the last three weeks, and seeing its true texture, I've decided to cut back to 20 epi. That, and the fact that I don't think I'll have enough yarn! I need 58 more threads to equal 320, and then it's on to warping! The project will be hand towels in finger manipulated lace, my first linen project and I think it will be fun. I'm amazed at how linty the thread is; there's always a cloud of lint on the cone holder when I change spools. And I can see why people have trouble weaving it, compared to wool or cotton, even before I start weaving. It's very crisp and not so pliable. I'll be bringing a spray bottle to spritz it now and then, and see if that helps. I'll keep you posted!
Until then, Happy Weaving!