Thursday, June 2, 2016

Adieu & Adios

  As many of my friends know, Maggie and I usually spend the whole month of July celebrating our birthdays.  It sure is nice having a birthday buddy!!!  This year, we started early....

  Maggie has accepted the position of Chef at the John C. Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, North Carolina!!!  Oh, boy!!!  Those guys are in for a treat!

  So, today, we had a birthday lunch at the Babalu Restaurant.  They made us some delicious guacamole right at the table for starters, and we had today's special of enchiladas for our entree.  Magnifico!!!

  Then, we took a stroll down the street to the Art Mart to see Carol and get the newest update on the felines.  (Carol has adopted Maggie's two youngest kitties.)  All is well in that department!!! 






   Our lives are woven together through the Tuesday Weavers.  There's nothing quite like weaving with someone once a week for years and years....it's a strong bond.  (Not a tangle!)
This is Maggie back in 2008 with her pink sneakers.






  And, can you believe Maggie had LONG hair for awhile???

  It's not like I won't get to see her again....she has a lot of Knoxville ties!  And, the Weavers are already talking about going to the Fall Festival at JCC in October. 



  





  Oh, and we also did a stop for purple yarn for my placemats.  The orange one is almost finished, and I wanted to make sure I got a purple one made for my dishes. 

Fiber Friends are the Best!
  Now....how far is it to Brasstown?????

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

I'm so glad that the kitties found a new home with Carol!!! Maggie at JCC is another great reason to visit!

Theresa said...

Bittersweet for sure. Maggie, best of luck. LouAnn, I see a July adventures in your future. I've always wanted to see and take a class at JCC. Looks like an amazing place with soon to be excellent food! :-)