Friday, June 3, 2016

New Rugs



 Last week I showed you the  huge improvements I had made in my studio space.  I moved things from one room to the other to make my space more conducive to creativity.

When I finished placing the t-shirts on their shelves, out of bags and in some kind of color order, I was able to see what T-shirts colors  I had all at a glance.  It was very easy from that point to put together some blues and browns with some grey and look what happened!







I was so thrilled with the results, that I did some more rummaging and came up with this color combination.






















I sewed them together and cut them into strips, it made a very pleasing pile, but how would it look in the rug?



















Very nice.....







This is a view of the cloth beam, with the natural light from the window pouring in, as the rug rolls onto the cloth beam covering the first rug of blues and browns, very nice indeed!















So I went back once again, to the stacks of t-shirts, to see what else I could come up with, and  you may not believe it,  but I was thinking about the Peacocks at the Museum of Appalachia.  (Lou Ann will know what I am talking about.)
When you are around Peacocks a bit like we are, you begin to notice that there are more colors than you think there are on those showy birds.  (I might be thinking about those busy Peahens as well who are sitting on clutches of eggs and raising young birds this time of year.)






I worked my magic once again, and these strips are ready to weave, I hope to get to that today.

I am using the bottom half of the t-shirts in these rugs, but I am saving the top halves to use in placemats and runners.  I want a more lightweight fabric for tableware, so I will be cutting thinner strips from the t-shirt fabric.  There are going to be some wild and crazy placemats for the shows this Fall, using this same technique.








I made a double batch of crockpot granola this week using honey from my favorite local honey people, "The Morgans' Own, Dixie Lane Honey".  Why a double batch you ask?  Well, I have my suspicions that Dear One has been getting into my granola, even though he says that he doesn't like nuts.  I like to spoon it over my bowl of cereal in the morning, and I think that Dear One, as active as he is, has been eating it by the handful, and I wanted to have plenty for the both of us.

Until next time, Happy Crafting, Tina


2 comments:

LA said...

Those color combinations really work! And, I love the separation of the colors with the white...it makes them POP! Nothing better than homemade granola!!! (That honey is the BEST!)

Theresa said...

Beautiful rugs! Brilliant idea with the color separation. Who wouldn't want handfuls of that yummy looking granola. :-)