Friday, August 30, 2013

Quick Post

In 2 weeks, I am going, once again to Africa, to help my daughter with her adoption.   I will be gone about one month, but before that, next week I am going camping with Dear One and a group of old friends.  That means that I am spending time today trying to get the bookkeeping done for the Tuesday Weavers, and get the cash box done for the fall shows and get my inventory ready for the shows too, just in case I don't make it back in time for the Museum of Appalachia's Homecoming.

I have gotten the bookkeeping caught up, and gone to the bank.  I have inventoried the stock I have that is finished, and made my inventory sheet.  Now I am trying to get the bread cloths hemmed washed and ironed.  Lou Ann shared with me something the other day about ironing in the hem before you go to the sewing machine.  I have to tell you that it cuts the sewing time down quite a bit when you don't have to slow down to remove pins!

 Thanks Lou Ann!  I have 7 more to hem, then it is into the washer they go!  I may have time to weave up another red one or two, but I can add that to the tub before I go if that is the case.  I want to deliver all this stuff next Tuesday so that I can concentrate on packing!

This is likely my last post until late October, wifi is sketchy where I am going.  I hope to be full of wonderful news when I get back!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

LA said...

I know you're excited about your trip! It sounds like you've got it all under control.