Today I have been trying to get a few projects finished up and out of the house.
You may well remember the rugs that a client brought to the center for us to see if we could fix the worn out fringe. We have decided to bind the edges with matching blue jean material.
It seems to be going well, in fact quite well. My only snag right now is that my machines don't seem to be strong enough to do the top stitching for that final touch! So I am sewing the fabric on and then whip stitching the material in place. I believe Carol has a machine that might be able to do the top stitching. I will take them to the center for her to take home next Tuesday.
Here is a look at the edge after Carol had serged the old worn out fringe off. It is a little blurry, but I think you can see the it.
Here is a look at one of the edges after I have gotten it bound but not topstitched.
One or two of the rugs have some very ratty warp threads along one side. I found something similar enough and replaced the last 4 warp threads. I will do the same on the other side so that they match.
Finally, I am also hoping to cut apart the warp I finished at the center and brought home to finish. I have one runner and eight placemats on it! I wasn't the one to plan the warp, but I got to thread it and sure had fun weaving it off.
Wally is snoozing peacefully after an afternoon outside. He has begun to take real ownership of the property and barking at the other dogs in the neighborhood to keep off of his grass!
I have threaded the vari blue wool/black chenille warp from last week, but I am not happy with how it has come out. The threading did not line up like I thought it would. I may have to wind some more black chenille and weight it off the back or something if I can't come up with a solution. Back to the drawing board.
Happy Weaving, Tina