Here she is, the lone section wound on my sectional warp.
Let me tell you why! Every time I tried to use the tension box, it would flip off the front if I didn't have a death grip on it. NO FUN! I tried several things, but to no avail. So there we were at an impasse.
Here, my friends is the culprit, a rounded back beam, that while beautiful to look at and easy on the warp threads as they make their way to the heddles, absolutely not made for my tension box.
I had even begun winding a section at a time on my warping board and then using the box to wind it on. Thinking, I suppose that if I didn't have to handle the spools at the same time it might be easier. NOT! I then had the bright idea of finding a 2x4 to use as a back beam when I would warp. Great! That should do it!
Then as I was drifting off to sleep last night I thought, well duh! What about the floor beam it is square isn't it!
Sure enough it is. I took both beams off and low and behold they are interchangeable!
Here, we have the tension box correctly seated on the new back beam.
I am trying to decide if I am going to leave it there or switch back to the rounded one for weaving. Your input most welcome.
So today I am winding a curious assortment of spools to finish getting those bread cloths onto Lillian. She will be so happy!
Wally decided that his main job for today was to hold the rug down in front of the woodstove. It is cold,wet and soggy outside.
Happy weaving, Tina