I saw on a tutorial, (that I really can't remember where, sorry) about winding variegated yarns around in a circle, matching the spaced dyed colors, so that they are a false IKAT. I immediately thought of this poor yarn that had really had me scratching my head.
10 Yards seemed to be the magic number, and I used only one skein of the three that I have, so if this works out I should be able to repeat it. I think it looks good!
Last year, I found about 12 cones of black chenille at the Salvation Army. I told the other weavers all about it, and we bought all the cones they had. I ended up with one cone at my house and I thought about using it with this yarn.
The wpi are pretty close. I settled 11 epi which gives me 8 inches in the reed. I will be using an 8 harness pattern, Kathryn my new/old 8 harness loom will finally have something on her. I am alternating the vari wool and the black. I am also alternating which end of the vari warp I pull from. Should be interesting.
Next I will thread up the bread cloths on Lillian and the scarf
on Kathryn and I will finally feel like I am getting somewhere. I am not finding the time I thought I had available to weave.
I must look at this more closely this week and see if I can fix that without neglecting my other obligations.
Happy Weaving, Tina