On Wednesday, I started in on it. Do you remember those little plastic puzzles that we used to have, they were in a little square structure, and one piece was missing! In order to solve the puzzle you had to figure out how to move the pieces around each other in order to get them into place. That is exactly how I felt! At one point I even backed myself into a corner!
I think however, that I am beginning to see some progress. Here are some before pics and some where we are now pics.
Before. The side paneled wall had some shelves plus the file cabinets.
After! Free from the shelves which will go all together along the longest wall. No pics of that yet! Maybe by next week that will be presentable!
I originally thought that the cut away section next to the door was a good place for shelves.
But after working with the graph paper, I thought it might work better for the benches instead!
I am far from done, in fact, I went out yesterday and bought 2 more shelving units to put up today if I have time. I wanted 3, but they just had 2. They will replace the wooden units along the back wall. I will then use the wooden ones elsewhere, maybe where the metal book shelf is, and fill it with the carpet warp that is in the hall. Then the books can go in the hall where the carpet warp was, see what I mean!!!!
After I get the units up and filled, I am going to put a pegboard panel behind each set of looms. I am not sure if It will be 2x8, or a 4x8 panel. That is where all the weaving equipment will live, shuttles, bobbins in baskets, filled rug shuttles just waiting to be picked up, that sort of thing.
I have 3 plastic bins that will not fit on the shelves, too tall. I think I will strip up the blue jeans and fill those bins. Maybe they will fit under the table that I hope can live in the middle of the room when it is all said and done. It would be great to have the table there to hold the rag cutter and other things as well.
Not sure how much I will get done today, I will update next week.
Happy weaving, Tina