Friday, January 29, 2010

I just had to!















This week has been quite a productive week for me! I have woven 2 blue jean rugs, and was poised to weave another rug with this lovely teal and orange fabric, when.......















I just had to try out my idea with the circles using sock loopers!















I had already made a rough drawing of sorts, trying out color ideas and circle placement.

Almost immediately, however, I had to give up on the circles, at least as small as mine were. I couldn't work out the small section of the circle. I may try making some of the loopers smaller, or I suppose I could do one big circle on a different color background, or how about a target kind of thing!
You realize this is coming to me as I type this don't you! I will try that next, but for now I went with squares instead,


and I think I like it! The colors are not nearly as bright here online as they are in real life, and the edges of the squares leave a little to desire, but I believe it it has been a good exercise in working out the problems of an idea.

















Once I finish this one I will do a couple of the teal rugs, which I love, love, love. More blue jean rugs, (more on that next time,) and then I think it is time to get those bread cloths on Lillian. I have put it off long enough.

I need some time weaving finer cloth, rugs are slow and fast at the same time. I really can't get a rhythm going if you know what I mean, but they are done before you know it!

Happy weaving, Tina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. Rugs are fast and slow at the same time! Love the squares on the rugs. Are your yellow loopers small? Mine are. If you smish them a bit, you might be able to do yellow circles.
Carol

Maggie said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the squares! p.s., Carol, smish is only a word in YOUR dictionary! Is that Canadian for squish/smash? I can't WAIT to show you guys what I'm doing! Shag-a-liscious, baby!

LA said...

Smish/Smash....those rugs are beautiful. That took a little planning, I'm a-thinkin'. (How do you like that one, Maggie?) You have become the "rug lady" right in front of our eyes. Please get something going on Lillian soon!

Bonnie said...

I love it. The squares look great. With this snow, you have time for Lillian.