Thursday, January 14, 2010

No Time to Weave

Ok we all know what that is. I have been trying to finish my looper rug. I repeat trying.









Those of you that know me know that I work for my husband in the home also building "boxes". That is what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks. So, I thought I would let you see some of what I do when I am not weaving.
Just like weaving it has to be designed. Here we go. Here is where the design starts.
Don't ask me how anybody works in that clutter.


This is entering the assembly/office.
I am not allowed to clean or tidy up at all.



This is the work stations. The back chair with the plaid shirt is where I
work. Below is the bins with my parts. The perks is a big tv.
The test station.
The boards that I build going into the box.




Introducing the "Box"

Don't ask me to explain what these do. I kind of know but not really. The shipping department was closed. I was not able to show it. Actually it is the middle of the floor in front of the tv. So now you know what the box looks like. My lunch is over and my boss is looking for me. Gotta run.

3 comments:

Tina J said...

I peek into your other world! I know how it is, I think I need to take the weave and hour a day challenge, I have a rug I am trying to finish too, and some breadcloths that I am sectionally warping. I have done i section!

LA said...

Ah yes...this is what pays the bills while we weave! I'm impressed, though. That looks like very delicate work on those circuits. I have been cutting strips for my tote bags, and weaving a little on the side. But, I'd like to just sit & weave some tonight.

Maggie said...

Oh, now I know what you mean when you say "building the boxes!"