Monday, September 10, 2012

Love the colors!

I think that last week I posted a picture of the first vest I was weaving on my painted warp. Here it is again:
 After all those cheerful, clear colors, the second one I wove with more autumn tones, olive, nutmeg, etc. I think some of this came from Christy's old set of dyes. The colors are beautiful and they toned down that warp like crazy!
 Then the third one with weft about the same colors as warp.

If you click on the pictures the enlarged view shows the colors much more clearly.

There's a new warp on the loom, almost threaded and ready to go! I hope to have it off in a few days.
The weather here has changed a bit. A cold front came through on Saturday and yesterday was nice, high in the 70s. We're back to the 80s this week but I don't think we'll get back to the 90s anytime soon. At least that's the hope. This is the kind of weather where you like to sit out on the deck!
My sister posted on facebook that they had gone to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and alot of people were bandying about the F word. The 5 letter F word. Yup, frost! She'd already covered their tomatoes once and was afraid she'd have to do it again. Their tomatoes are just now ripening and there are still flowers on the plants. Mom is sure enjoying them! They have a wide variety of plants, one of each kind so it's interesting to see what they're getting, I'm sure! In about a week or so they'll pick all those tomatoes because they'll have a killing frost and it'll be too iffy to just cover the plants! Then they'll wait for them to ripen. I remember boxes of tomatoes slowly ripening when I was growing up!

Today it's back to work in the studio. I have a long list of things to do!
Til next week
Carol

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful warps. They will make a great vest.

roxie said...

Your painted warps make me want to sing and dance! How pretty they are!

Tina J said...

Love the warps! I also love these milder temps, but frost! I wouldn't want to see that anytime soon!

LA said...

I don't want to even think about frost yet!!! My tomatoes are still producing...and I'd like to keep it that way!