Thursday, January 24, 2013

Here We Go Again

  Finally....a warp of mug rugs on the loom!  I'm trying out the miniature Chariot Wheel pattern, and I  think it's lovely!  This was that warp I found from last summer that was marked as a 4 yard warp for mug rugs.  All I needed to do was add the floating selvedges, and we're off and weaving!  I do think that this warp might have been longer than 4 yards....it seemed to go on and on and on while I was winding it on the back beam!




  Once again, I find myself looking at both sides of the overshot piece wondering....now just which one is the right side????  Who cares....both sides are interesting!!!
  Since this is a multicolored warp, I'm planning on changing the tabby/pattern colors along the way. 
  Now...if I can just stay on course and weave a couple of these a day, I'll build up my stock much quicker!



  And, speaking of building up stock....this was my tote bag when I came home on Tuesday from the Center!  Look at all those thrums....just waiting for me to ply them with other yarns to create NEW yarn!  Spinning is such a perfect activity to do on these cold winter days.







  And, to brighten up these winter days, my amaryllis is blooming again.  This is the one given to me last year by a dear friend, and I was afraid I had killed it.  There are 3 blooms right now, and one bud that will bloom out any minute. 
  Since we are once again under a Winter Storm Watch, this time for freezing rain and an icy mix, having this to look at is truly a joy.

  One of my biggest joys in my life is my "baby girl."  Every year at 7:20 a.m. on the 24th of January, I think back to holding that precious bundle in my arms for the first time.   Every year, I greet her at 7:20 a.m. with Happy Birthday.  She was already in her classroom when I talked to her this morning....and I reminded her to keep an eye on the weather, 'cause, here we go again.  Come to think of it, there was an icy mix that night as we went to the hospital.
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

Happy Weaving & Spinning!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

Chariot Wheel was one of the first Overshot pieces I did, it truly is beautiful. I can't wait to see it on the multi-colored warp, I never thought to do that!

Theresa said...

Love the Chariot Wheel pattern. How dang pretty. I want to see that multi-colored warp too!