Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Busy Hive of Activity!




I walked into a hive of activity today!  Nada's new loom came, and she and Carol (and other great helpers) were busy putting it together.  Carol got one just like this one to use at the Midwest Conference.  They are going to have so much fun!!!









Ms. Jane was back with us today, and she was hard at work at her loom. Ms. Bonnie, Ms. Ila and Ms. Trudy were at their looms, too.   Lots to catch up on while you weave..............












And, look at all the hard work going on at the back of the room!  Carl finished another small tote today, and Bonnie wove the handles in on her large tote.  Ann, Lanny and Pat were just weaving away on their projects.  I got another 15 inches woven on my scarf warp.




Ms. Pat did me a huge favor and wound a warp for me with 5 threads for my next small tote warp.  I get terrible twist in my threads when I try to do more than two!!!  She makes it look so easy!  Pat just had a birthday yesterday, so a big Happy Birthday to her!

Spring is coming to East Tennessee...we worker bees are busy weaving!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

A busy group of people. Happy Birthday Pat(belated). We had a fun day.

Tina J said...

Pat, I didn't know it was your birthday! I must have walked in late! It was a great day! I even finished off 2 hand towels, I probably have three more on the warp beam, so maybe next week If I can get there early enough, I will have a cutting off party!

Two Guys and a Loom said...

Wow.... you folks are busy as bees this Spring!!! Can't wait to see some more finished products.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Pat! We just ordered the same table loom - can't wait! It's going to be "David's loom" initially. He's excited about a twill workshop coming up at the end of May. ~Marta