Monday, March 1, 2010

Is it possible to have too much trash?

Today I hauled off the last of the trash left at my new studio by the former owner. Hurray!! Because I didn't have anyone at home to help me remove the bench seats in the van I couldn't take very much. It took me three trips to the convenience center. Here, out in the country we don't have trash pickup. We have to take it ourselves. All was going well until the third trip. The attendant told me I had been there too much today and to take the trash back home and come back another day. WHAT??? OK, plan B. I decided to take the trash to the land fill. The gate was open so I drove right in. When I got to the weigh station I saw the office had closed fifteen minutes earlier! I circled around to leave and spotted the dumpsters. I wondered what would happen if I just tossed the trash in there. No one was around. Who would know, right? I stepped out of the van and found I had been spotted! The office worker told me I had to take the trash back home and come back another day. Hmmm, that sounded familiar! Undeterred, I drove to another convenience center. Our son and I quickly unloaded the last of the trash. I kind of felt like we were on this covert mission and might be discovered at any moment!

Remember the song Alice's Restaurant? I felt like we were in our own version of this song! I have to tell you. It took me one whole hour to throw away the last load of trash! Well, at least it is now all done.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.........

Linda

3 comments:

LA said...

Wow! You had some kind of day!

Tina J said...

A clean slate! Now for the fun part, you get to design your studio!

Maggie said...

That is so funny! Like a Man Without a Country, Trash Without a Dump! Wandering the countryside in search of a resting place!