Friday, November 18, 2016

Oops, I Almost Forgot!

I almost forgot to post a picture of the booth today!  Once we had the booth put together yesterday, it was time to fill the shelves and the grid with the contents of the many suitcases and tubs that we had collected on Tuesday.    I forgot to look at the time when we started loading the shelves, but I am sure it took less time to fill them than it took to put them up!


I went up onto the second floor walkway to try to get the big picture.  Polly and Christy had just left and you can see LouAnn taking a picture of the filled booth and Marie doing some fluffing of the merchandise.  (To the left you can just get a peek at Carol's booth, I am sure she will be posting some pictures on her regular Monday post.)  This year we put shelves to the right with placemats, runners and hand  towels, then to the left you can see purses hanging on the grid with  mobieus scarves between them.  There is also a scarf rack in front of LouAnn, the small weaving loom to the left and finally our rack of rugs.  We have a lot of rugs this year, with a 20 ft booth I was afraid we would not have enough stuff to fill it up, so we left very  back at the Appalachian Arts Craft Center.  Many of our weavers had a tub of merchandise for the show, and they are happy to work a shift or two to be able to sell.

Marie worked today, and she reports that the Tuesday Weavers had a good day at the show.  LouAnn and I won't be working the booth until Sunday, and we will then be part of the break down crew, so I have my fingers crossed that we will have sold so much of our merchandise that there will be hardly anything left  to pack up and take home with us at the end of the day.

Wish us luck, Tina

P.S.  if I get a chance I will post a couple more pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

LA said...

It's always great to hear that we had a successful first day!