Thursday, July 10, 2014

Same Old Same Ole


I thought I'd have something interesting to blog about, but it's the same old thing:  cutting strips for rugs.

  Of course, this rug is a little different....the center part of the rug will have some print mixed with the blue jean strips.  This is a thick weight decorator fabric.


  Then the process of joining the strips begins.
(I've been meaning to do a search on this sewing machine:  it has Spartan on the head, but the tag says that it was made in Great Britain by the Singer Corporation.  Oh well, that's a project for another day.)







  I've been listening to my new book while I cut and sew, and that makes the time fly by.  There was a post on Facebook today that reminded us that it's 30 days until the Outlander series premieres on Starz.  I'm ready!!!!

  The summer is flying by, and there's still so much to do.....I hope you are taking the time to just enjoy this season.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

4 comments:

Tina J said...

Prep work takes time doesn't it!

Theresa said...

It may be the same old same there but it is always a pleasure to stop in. I read the first book Outlander years ago and never kept up with the series. Maybe I should get back to it. I did however love all the Game of Thrones books, although I have not seen the HBO series.

Maggie said...

See, I keep putting off blogging about my scarf because it still looks the same! But that's how our craft goes: plugging along until BOOM! It's done!

Kat said...

I haven't had time to research the machine either but I latched onto a Singer Spartan a couple years back for $25 including the table. It works wonderfully for sewing strips together. It is compact and stores easily when not being used. I love mine!