Monday, April 7, 2014

Not Much Weaving

Did not weave a lot this week. However I spent 4 days at the center!! We had scheduled dye days for  Thursday and Friday. A lot of skeins and warps were painted.

The more we work on colors, the more confident we get! Sharen was having so much fun deciding on colors. I can't wait to see how it weaves!

Then, Saturday and Sunday we had a class with Geri Forkner on Nuno felting with a twist. First, we wove a very loose grid.
Then, we placed it on plastic and layered wool roving on it. Don't you love how they extended Betsy's table to accommodate her project? It was beautiful when done, too.
After layering, you wet it, then cover it with plastic and roll it around a swimming noodle. We got our exercise in by rolling it back and forth to begin the felting process.
It was an eye opening class. I had hoped that just taking the class would give me information but not intrigue me. Wrong. Possibilities are endless and I think I will try to do more as my schedule allows. Everyone that took the class had a blast. Geri is a good, patient instructor.
So, this week, finally back to my loom plus a lot of time spent on rinsing my 4 warps and 6 skeins. I will finish my sample from yesterday and post it next week. Hopefully I will have some painted warps woven as well. 
Working together to have teachers come is a real bonus of having a group like Tuesday Weavers. You never know what we will come up with next...
Til next week, weave on!
Carol

4 comments:

LA said...

You have had a busy week! I'm looking forward to seeing what you accomplished.

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been there...it looks like a blast.

Theresa said...

What fun! There will be plenty of time for weaving. In fact today is Tuesday!!!