Tuesday, April 15, 2014

All In A Day's Work

  It was already busy when Carl and I arrived this morning!  Pat had jumped on the jeans that had been donated, and reduced the stack to usable legs ready to be cut into strips.  (Thanks for the pocket donation, Pat!!!!)
  Outside it was spitting snow....REALLY!  The temps were dropping and heavy gray clouds were trying to scare us away.  But, as folks arrived, they just got right to work.





    Betsy got the reed sleyed, and later she got tied on to the front rod.
  Margi wove on the black placemat warp.  (She's spearheading a straw loom day later this month at a local book shop.)
  Linda got a lot woven on her rug warp.






  Ms. Ila talked with LaDonna while she wove.  (Ms. Ila is leaving for Ireland today.....and she wouldn't let us tag along!  Have a GREAT time, Ila!)

  In the background on the right you can see Eiko getting the brown paper ready to wind on her newest warp.  Carol has been wanting us to come up with a woven baby bib for the fall sales.  Eiko has come up with a warp to try.






  Meanwhile, Bonnie, Shirley and Tina spent the day with some tangles......and all that hard work paid off in the end.  It will be a beautiful towel warp when all is said and done!!!




  We had a special Share Time after lunch.  Carl has been playing with a warp that was threaded with M&O's.  Just look at these lovely runners that are the result of his hard work.

  Now to the bad news......
  I was so excited to sit down and weave one whole towel while I was at the Center today.  I was so careful not to have any treadling mistakes on this one.  In fact, I used the blue so that I could see any problems quickly.
  I downloaded the pictures when I got home and was getting ready to do this blog when my attention kept getting pulled to the towel.
  What was I seeing?????
Yep.........a BIG threading error!!!!  AGAIN!!!!

I think Carol might fire me.

Happy Weaving! (or threading!!!)
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

I wasn't going to say anything, I figured you would see it in the picture! :)

Bonnie said...

The towels are nice anyway. After a hard look, I found the mistake. Carl had some very nice table runners. A busy day at the center.