Thursday, April 24, 2014

Crunch Time

  In about 9 days, my weaving friends will be arriving to learn how to weave these free form baskets taught by my favorite instructor, Nick.  Each basket will be unique....just like my friends.  It will be a lot of fun sitting outside enjoying an early May day with my fiber friends. 
  In the meantime, I'm spring cleaning.  And, for the folks that know me, that is an alien activity.  I would much rather be playing with yarn.  All of those tasks I have put off all year need to be done now.
 



  And, wouldn't you know it, right when I'm trying to corral my yarn stash, someone makes a donation to the Center of MORE yarn!  Of course some came home with me.  Just a little bit to compliment my stash.
  I'll stash this with the stash until after the class.





  Just in time to remind me to enjoy the Spring, the Jack In The Pulpit bloomed. 
  So have the dandelions......oh well.

It is crunch time.....I wonder if I can convince the kitties to stop shedding?  Surely they are bald by now.

Just so you know, I have never been Suzie Homemaker....more like Fiber Franny.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I think all of us feel a trifle guilty at times for not doing as much cleaning about the house as we should do! As soon as I reach for the vacuum - and that's not very often! - I can here my spinning wheel and loom calling to me! Having an Aunt who irons her dusters for goodness sake, I would rather be remembered by posterity for my handwoven/knitted/spun objects than my dust free shelves! What say you!

Maggie said...

Dear Fiber Franny,
You're vacuuming NOW??? You might as well shave those kitties, then, 'cause guess what, sister! They're gonna shed! And if I get there and see cat hair on the floor, I will be DEEPLY offended! Although, if I do see it, it'll probably be stuff I brought with me! Looking forward to the class!

Theresa said...

I would say you had better find the zen in vacuuming. Doesn't shedding season lasts the life of the animal. Some great yarn scores.