Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gearing Up

 

  Bright and early tomorrow morning, I'll be at the Museum of Appalachia for the second annual Antique Show.  I guess you could say I'm one of the "Historic Demonstrations" that will be going on during the show. 

  I'm sure there will be lots of visitors at the Loom House, and I always love to tell folks about the Rocker Loom.

I might even get a little weaving done on the rug!



  In preparation for weaving the rugs, I've been joining the fabric and cutting the strips.  My favorite way to do this is to join the panels, then offset on the final join.  This gives me the starting point to cut the strips on the Fraser Rag Cutter.

  After I clean off the kitchen table, I put the loop of fabric where it feeds under the table and continues to run in a loop. 
  You can see that I had some extra help while I cut these strips!!!!  All of a sudden, the loop wasn't moving, and when I looked down, there was my helper!!!!



  And, while the cutter was set up, I cut more strips for my small tote bag that is half way finished!!!  These things never come out even, do they?

  I'm going to get strips cut for one more rug before the day is over.....I know I won't feel like cutting anymore when I get home tomorrow night!  I'd rather have extra on hand if I need them!

  There is a front moving through tonight, so the weather tomorrow is supposed to be more Fall-like.  I'm looking forward to it!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a nice helper. Sounds like a fun full day at the Museum,

Maggie said...

Don't forget to order dessert!
When the storm passed through up there, it tore up some tents. I hope all the antiques were all right. Have a good time!