Thursday, September 5, 2013

Attacking the Stash

  I've been working on my stash situation for awhile now.....it doesn't help matters when I go through bins bulling out flat folds of fabric to be used for rugs.  And, those stacks just get higher, and I'm not sure where to put them.  If I put them on the sewing table, there's no room to work........
  Get the idea?
  So, I ran away today.  To the Museum, where all is peaceful and all I have to do is weave.  When I got to the Museum of Appalachia this morning, the air was still crisp, and there was a hint of a breeze blowing through the Loom House.  It didn't take too long to finish sleying the reed, and then I could just weave away.

  But, I'm back home, and I feel ready to work on the stash.  I found these bright colored bins that fit exactly in the cubbies at Walmart yesterday.  They are an answer to my prayers!!!  (And, at $3 a piece, almost a steal!!!)  I was able to double up the carpet warp, which freed up two cubbies.  The flat folds are separated by weight for rug warps.  Now, all I have to do is finish pre-washing the folds I pulled this weekend and add them to the stash. 
  And, I'll work on the other cubbies....getting them in better shape.  It's crazy how things can get out of control so quickly!  The other bins will come in very handy.

  I think tonight I will attack the sewing table:  I now have a place to move that fabric to!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Maggie said...

You should have stopped by! It was a beautiful day at the Museum!

Bonnie said...

It looks nice.