And I did. I chose an 8-shaft huck lace pattern from the Weaver's Huck Lace book, corner-set squares with lace in the middle. It's an easy threading, and I'm almost done. I think because I got rid of all the threads hanging off the back with fishing weights, the pattern will be a little asymmetrical, but only slightly. The outside borders and stripes will be plain weave, on shafts 1 and 2, which I've never done. I wonder what will happen in the ends with the pattern section woven in plain weave, since the threading has the tabby parts 1-2-2-1-1-2-2, etc. We shall see, no?
I started by pulling the hanging stuff off, counting and grouping, then started into the threading. A little good music, some furry company and I'm almost there. I should finish tomorrow morning and start sleying the reed. When it gets too boring or too challenging, there's always the curtain project.
When I wasn't weaving, I was knitting the blue tencel shawl. I was almost finished with the border, when I thought beads might set it off nicely. I had the perfect color from a project long ago, and threaded them all onto the yarn. I knitted them in, knitted one more row, and then bound off. I'd show you a photo of the finished project, if only I hadn't bound off too tightly! But I did and now must frog the bind off. I found a loose bind off method on YouTube that I'll try. If that works, I will show you next week.
Well, it's off to work to make sweet treats! I hope to be back at Big Bertha next Tuesday, finishing the huck lace napkins! Until then, Happy Weaving