Thursday, October 18, 2012

Back to Real Life

   Yesterday was one of those Fall days that you glory in.....warm sunshine, colorful leaves and just a hint of a breeze with a little woodsmoke mixed in to tantalize you.  Early voting started yesterday, and I went to the Polls to exercise my rights as a citizen of our country.
  This morning, I awoke to temps in the middle 50's and little showers that wander by every once in awhile.  The view from my front porch shows a hint of the color to come in the next week or so.  The showers are supposed to be out of the area by the afternoon and temps in the upper 60's.  Another beautiful Fall day!


   I basically took Monday off after our weekend at the Museum of Appalachia.  I had a non-weaving list of things I needed to get done.  Now I need to take a long look at what I can have ready for the Foothills show in November.  I looked at poor John....he's been ignored while I played with some other weaving, and I decided it was time he was up and running.  I've seen Carl sit inside the old barn loom at the Center to thread that loom, so I decided that I would try that trick with John.  WOW!  Sitting on that cloth beam sure beats leaning over and reaching to thread!!!!  I've made great headway on this warp in a short amount of time!

  
  The Hollywood Hot Pads were a hit at the Museum, and I sold the only double binding one I had ready.  This is a good warp to weave on for short amounts of time.  You can always tell where you are in the sequence!!!!  I need to prep some additional fabric strips for the remaining pads....another dive into the fabric stash!

  And, in the meantime, I'm working on a design using Davison's Kirschbaum's Design #3 for a table runner.  My niece is an author, and goes to a lot of book signings.  She wanted a table runner to mark her space.  I thought I would do this one in white carpet warp so she could just wash it without worrying.  The great thing about Swedish Lace is that you can play with the blocks and make them larger.
  See that empty square in the upper left corner?  I have graphed it out to make it large enough to have her name embroidered in it.  That block will be the center of the design.  (Thank goodness we now have Shirley at the Center!!!  That's her business!)  But, we all know that planning a project does not equal WEAVING the project.   Could this be done in time for Christmas????? 
  OK....I've got some things I HAVE to get done this morning....and my day is ticking away.  There are other deadlines besides weaving.....sad, but true.  It just makes me appreciate my weaving time more.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Funny how life will get in the way of our weaving. You have some interesting projects going on.

Theresa said...

Oh great idea to use that plain block for an embroidered design. How smart is that!!!