Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Where Did the Day Go?

Today was a lovely day off, full of day-off kind of things, like laundry, a hair cut, lunch out with Mom and a nap.  I have nothing accomplished to show you, no new weaving or knitting.  I did crochet this morning, and that certainly would have been something to show, since I really don't like to crochet.  It was necessary crocheting, a repair to my piano teacher's great grandmother's table cloth.  Jeannine, my piano teacher of endless patience, asked me to fix the table cloth's holes at least two years ago.  Every time I saw the table cloth in a to-do bin, I'd quickly push past it, the unpleasantness of crocheting rising in my mind.  I'm about to take a long sabbatical from piano lessons, though, and I am not sure I will go back after her summer break, if at all.  I love playing the piano, but work has been almost all-consuming this past year, and if I practice, it's for fifteen minutes every few days at the most.  All my weekly lessons make me feel is guilty, having to explain each week why I don't practice.  So, I repaired the table cloth, returned it to its rightful owner and lost one more piece of guilt!  Or two...
  Tomorrow is another lovely day off, with gardening on the agenda, and maybe a little weaving. Here at Kittywompus Cottage, everyone is winding down from a busy day of napping and eating, and I think I'll do the same.  Have a wonderful fiber-filled week!  Happy weaving!

3 comments:

LA said...

I'm so glad you got Ms. Etta in the picture! She is so camera shy as a rule!!! I think your day off sounds lovely! Good for you!

Tina J said...

Good for you! You got that smoldering UFO off of your back! That is a wonderful feeling, isn't it. I often find that I have to prioritize me activities, even the ones I enjoy. To everything, there is a season indeed.
Love your Daisies!

Bonnie said...

You desirve a day of relaxing and fun. "Kittywompus" cottage. How funny.