Saturday, May 19, 2012

Singin' the Blues


  I tend to gravitate to blues....so when Carol donated her thrums to my art yarn project, I quickly pulled out some hanks of her blue projects.  It's always fun to see what colors Carol has added to those warps to give them interest....and of course, she also has many different kinds of yarns in each warp.  These give a lot of texture to the art yarn as they are spun in to the final thread.





  On the wheel right now is a colorway using black chenille and teal mohair as the binders.  I'm using a bundle of thrums that has pinks, teals, blues and purple added into the mix.  This is the second bobbin of this colorway.  I'm getting about 40 yards of thread on each bobbin.





  On Wednesday, Tina and I had another spin-in at her house.  After filling my bobbin on my Ashford Traditional wheel, Tina had me spin on the Louet that has a BIG bobbin.  I spun 102 yards of art yarn!!!  Wow!  That was fun!  So, with the 40 yards from the first bobbin, and the jumbo hank of yarn, I'm ready to tackle a crochet project! 
  This was a dark teal acrylic yarn and purple mohair binder threads mixed with thrums of hand dyed bamboo from Carol's thrums.  (I remember when Carol dyed that bamboo!!!!)




  Now I really need to weave off the log cabin mug rug warp so I can experiment using my art yarn in a scarf warp!!!! 
  Sometimes I think the incentive for weaving off a warp is the idea for the next warp!!!!  But, this Pup has the large eye heddles, which will work well with the art yarn.









  I'm a little blue this morning....
....my little Zuzu passed away yesterday.

  She was part of my life for the last few years (she was 15 years old) and a great sudoku helper.  She had developed a thyroid problem (which I have come to understand is common in older cats.)
  I'm very thankful for the years I got to be with her, and I'm thankful that Cece and Sweetie will continue to keep me company.



Enjoy your weekend!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Zuzu.

That yarn looks great. Want that be fun to corchet something out of it, knowing you made the yarn. You are getting very good at spinning.

Linda said...

I am so sorry to hear about Zuzu! I know you will miss her a lot.

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your yarn.

Tina J said...

I think you gave a sweetness to Zuzu's last years, I know you will miss her terribly!