Friday, May 4, 2012

BFF!

Yes, I do believe I have found my new best friend!  It is Swedish Lace!

1. I developed a pleasing pattern that will use all of the warp ends that I have to work with!

2. It is basically woven as it was threaded, so that I can follow the pattern that is developing without having to follow a written down treadling pattern!

3. I can see my mistakes very easily, there by cutting down on un-weaving time!

4. It really looks good with this 12/3 white cotton I am using!  I may play with a colored weft to see what it looks like, my guess is that it will look fantastic as well!

5.  I had fun weaving it!

There, I think 5 reasons is good enough don't you! Now for some pictures.


As soon as I started weaving this sample piece, I could tell that I was going to enjoy it.  It just looked crisp and clear, no squinting necessary to see the pattern.  It wove up quickly and easily, I had also pulled out one of my end feed shuttles to see if  I could get away with not using temples, and I could!




Once through the pattern gave me a good sized napkin, even after washing.  I have not hemmed or ironed for the picture below, if I get a chance today, I will post a new picture of the finished article.




Now comes the fun part, I get to play with the pattern to make towels.  I think that it is going to be easy and very versatile with this pattern.  I could even see a table runner with one pattern on each end and plainweave in the length!

I am off to the studio, until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina 

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

How nice. That does look like fun.

LA said...

I DO love that Swedish lace! I think you'll enjoy weaving this warp.

dawn said...

Yep... I need to get to the loom! This is gorgeous! Very inspiring.
likely to have to wait till fall, as I'm working two parttime jobs that are more time consuming than one full time! Thanks for sharing this!

Maggie said...

Beautiful! So glad you have a new BFF!