Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring arrives!

This past week I didn't find time to do much weaving but I did get another warp on the loom. This one is pale grey with bits of white and then an accent yarn in the middle. It turned out even better than I"d hoped. It's going to be a fast warp to weave and I hope to get it off the loom today but I may be beckoned outside....

 Suddenly it's spring in my yard!! I just look out the window by my kitchen table and the redbud is blooming. DH cut alot of it last spring because it is kind of invasive and was hanging over the cars that are parked right there.  However, he did miss a couple of branches! They appeared out of nowhere the last couple of days!
 As I was downloading the 2 pictures above, I was thinking how sorry I was that the wisteria wasn't out yet. Then I glanced back up and saw it!! It's just coming out.  I'll try to remember to take a picture in full bloom in a couple of days. There might be more behind the house too.  We've had huge bunches of it in recent years but DH does try to cut it out because it really is invasive.
 Kind of hard to see among the redbud and ivy but when I zoomed in a bit...
Ok, so I was about to finish this blog when I glanced out the side window and saw that the dogwoods are starting to bloom. The sun came up enough to shine on the blossoms.

Our azaleas aren't blooming yet and I hope to have some good pictures again of the riot of white that they create in spring. Maybe next week or the week after....
This is an exciting time of year when the color starts to come back and our view disappears as the leaves fill out in the trees! We're going back into our summer cocoon surrounding ourselves with green foliage up on our hill.
Hopefully I'll have more time to weave this week. Last week I had some nice off days, riding with Ila and LaDonna as they went to Mary Jo's in Gastonia NC on Thursday!!, going to the quilt show in Pigeon Forge on Friday and then helping LouAnn and Roz teach people how to straw weave on Saturday..........but it's good to be back home, down in my studio making fabric!
Carol

3 comments:

LA said...

This early Spring day will beckon you outside!!! Enjoy!!!

Bonnie said...

Having this early spring makes you wonder what is in store for us in the summer. 80 degrees in early March, is June going to be unbareable? Just sayin----.

roxie said...

The grey fabric is looking splendid, and oh, how lovely your flowers are! I adore wisteria - such a heady fragrance!