Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oy Vey....Enough Plaid Already!!!


  Yes, I did!  I wove a tote using bands of plaid fabric!  My niece's husband, who's from Scotland, assures me that plaids never clash....I figure he knows what he's talking about!

  I finished up the two mixed fabric totes, and I just wanted to get a few more woven.  I have some more fabric pulled, but I haven't made up my mind yet for the next set.




  It's way too easy when these balls of plaid are just waiting to be used.  I really lucked up when I got these.  And, this is what I have left to use....that's a few more tote bags, I think.






  After using this plaid in the mixed plaid warp, I liked the way it worked up so much that I did a whole tote with it!!!

  There are now seven totes on the cloth beam, and I'm ready to take those off the loom.  The handles build up at the side, and I don't want them to start to tangle.


   But, before they go, I wanted to do a quick rug for my bathroom.  After reading about Tina's rug yesterday, I was inspired to weave a rug for ME!  You just have to mix it up sometimes and do something different.  I love rag rugs!!!!  I love the way they look, I love the way they feel under your bare feet, and I love to weave them!  It's a win-win deal!

  Today is a super busy day....I've got work to do and I must be at the post office before noon.  I hope you have a lovely Fall day....and maybe you'll get some weaving done, too!
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Tina J said...

You have been a very productive little weaver. How many totes have you got woven and ready to sew?

I love the plaids!

Bonnie said...

That is just amazing how great the plaids look. Those totes will go fast. I am glad you get time to make something for yourself!

Maggie said...

I like the plaids, too. I bet they're fun to watch build patterns.