Sewing the background squares together didn't take much time at all! The monkeys turned out to take more time than I'd hoped to finish! There were about 27 pieces of fabric needed for each monkey/banana section. So I spent most of the week working on the quilt. It's 52 x 70 so actually is more than a little baby blanket but how long are babies little really? It's a great toddler blanket.
The baby shower was yesterday afternoon. Other gifts there included monkey crib sheets, plush monkeys and even a monkey mobile to hang above the crib!
Before I left for Canada at the end of July I ordered some yarn for my next production projects. Well, it finally came Friday afternoon.
Black's not fun to weave, it's all kind of the same but it's a good background for what I'll be adding to it later. While I weave I'll open up the box of Borders, Season 3 DVD that my nephew gave me this summer and watch it to pass the time. This'll be just a short warp but needs to be done, 7 vests, close to 13 yards I guess. Hope to have it on, off and the next one on by the weekend since I've only got 3 days to work on it this week!
Til next week.