Saturday, August 21, 2010

Works In Progress

This is a familiar sight for most of the readers of this blog.  Another project begins right here on the warping board..........

Of course you can't see the graph and all the figures that came before this.  I wanted to make a bamboo wrap for my sister in law, and I wanted something airy and delicate...just like she is!  Huck lace seemed a good choice, and I looked through several books and back issues of Handwoven until I found an 8-shaft lace pattern that I thought would look perfect with this natural bamboo.  This will be my first project on Mz. Emily.




The early morning light made some great shadows on the loom as I added in each 4 inch section from the warping board.  This wrap is 21" in the raddle, and I wound enough warp for two wraps.



The warp is ready to be wound on this afternoon when I get back from the Guild meeting.  I would like to get the threading done while I have lots of light in the living room.  That might be wishful thinking!

I have completed all but six of the afghan panels, and I hope I can get the last two cones I need at the meeting this morning. 



I had a little visitor Thursday in the Green Belt behind the house.  I caught some movement beyond the fence, and realized that it was a fawn that was getting ready to bed down for an afternoon nap.  I know her Mom told her to lie down and be still, but I wanted to try to get a picture.  Of course she heard me coming and stood up quickly....but I zoomed in for a shot before she bounded away.


I'm off to the Guild meeting...we're going to try our hand at Twining!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

4 comments:

Maggie said...

You didn't say anything about your bamboo warp! I'll be excited to see it progress.

Bonnie said...

Mz emily is the Gilmarka loom. I hope that you like her.

LA said...

Bonnie...Mz. Emily is my 8-shaft Schacht loom that I bought at the beginning of the summer. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she does.

Anonymous said...

Ms Emily is in for alot of wonderful projects on her in the next few years! I'm sure she's excited about being one of your workhorses!!
Carol