So I decided to tell you about the strange brake on the loom that I used for the project. It was a perfect brake for this project. You see it doesn't really hold very well and loosens as I weave, which for rep weave that requires a hard beat really isn't bad. It is like I have a self advancing warp. I just have to tighten the front beam often. I can weave for hours like that, without getting up! Another oddity is that to release the back beam I have to lift the brake, it took me a little while to figure it all out.
To use the loom without the advancing feature I have incorporated something my son left behind! I just knew it would come in handy somehow!
That is how I have solved the problem of this crazy loom. What have you overcome to weave on a problematic loom, I can't wait to hear.
Until next week, happy weaving, Tina