Friday, May 3, 2013

Loaded Looms and Loaded Shuttles!

I love it when I have most of my looms loaded and ready to weave.  I have just to sit down and weave, that is, if I have the shuttles loaded as well.

 That could mean, several things, for example, to weave on the rugs that I am doing right now on the Reed Cambridge 4 harness, I need to have t-shirts cut apart, sewn and cut in strips to load on the rag shuttles.  Placemats that are on the no name 8 harness need cloth strips cut and  loaded  onto rag shuttles too. 


To weave on the little Leclerc Alice, Napkins and Hand Towels, or the Bigger Leclerc, Bread Cloths, I have dozens of Pirns that I wind and have on hand for each project.




To weave on the Over shot Baby Blankets, I load up the bobbins that fit in my boat shuttles.  I use the 4 inch bobbins in the double shuttle for the pattern, and the 6 inch bobbins in my larger boat shuttle for the tabby.


(I have recently come up with a way to keep track of how many pattern repeats I have done.  I place this black clip right beside the last pattern repeat I have counted on my tally sheet.  That way I can weave 2 or 3 repeats, add them to my total and then move the clip.  Now I won't have to unwind the cloth beam to make sure I have enough repeats!)

So far this week I have woven 8 Hand Towels, 2 Bread Cloths and almost finished a Baby blanket, I have also cut 25 t-shirts apart, ready to sew the sleeves together and strip for the rugs.  A really productive week for me!  I hope I can keep it up all summer!

With most of my looms loaded, and the shuttles at the ready, I just have to decided what I need to weave on first!  I want to see full cloth beams on all of the looms before Summer finally gets here.  I want to have a much fuller inventory for the 2 Fall shows I participate in, also, I need a few new items for my Etsy shop!  It has been pretty much neglected these past few months.  In fact, I think I still have it on vacation mode, even though I have returned from my long trip! 

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina


3 comments:

LA said...

At the rate you're going, you'll have a nice inventory for the Fall shows. Congrats on getting all the looms ready to roll!!!

Bonnie said...

Way to go. The hard stuff out of the way. Now for the fun.

Maggie said...

I'd love a demo on the t-shirt cutting someday!