Saturday, January 21, 2012

Re-Entry


  Just a week ago, I was here. 

I still have the waltz from the Yule Ball stuck in my head.

  I had taken pictures for my usual Saturday blog on Friday, only to find that wi-fy was not easily obtainable.  Since I didn't take my computer, that would mean using one of the kid's computer, and finding just the right spot in the lobby, and hoping the spot didn't move while I was typing.  I finally admitted defeat, and went on with my vacation.


 
I rode the Forbidden Journey on my Broomstick as many times as I could.  I looked in every shop in the village.

I had my Strongbow Cider at Hog's Head Pub.

We had breakfast at the Three Broomsticks (the large English breakfast for me!)




  This was in one of the windows along the main street.  Notice the pirns????  They are laying beside the sewing basket.......

  I'm thinking that someone thought this made sense.  In the next window was the dress that Hermione wore to the Yule Ball.    The pirns are resting on a length of the fabric that matches the dress.  I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.




  And, when we went back to the hotel to rest up, I had a fiber project to work on while my feet were propped up on the ottoman.  (Remember when I got Tina's stash of mop cord???  Some of the cord was small and soft, and it is working up the same gauge as the sample.)  This is a cowl that works up very fast!

Of course, there's more at Universal than The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and we were in and out of both parks numerous times during the four days were were there.


  So, I'm back to earth, and working on the plans for my wool poncho. 
  MATH....lots of math!!!!  I'd rather weave too much than not enough, so I'm going to put on a 4 yard warp in the navy, and use the red for the weft.  The Harrisville Wool has 20 wraps to the inch, so I'm going with 10 e.p.i. to give the wool room to full.    I found an interesting plaited twill in Carol Strickler's book that is simple, yet appealing.  I'll have enough warp to sample the design before I weave the fabric.
  Let's get this day going....I've got a few errands to run, and several loads of laundry to get started. 
It's back to real world, folks!!!!
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Ah, thread's thread, isn't it? :-)

Don't you think that if someone had come into our fourth grade classes and shown us how much fun weaving makes math, we'd have paid more attention?

Tina J said...

Welcome home! I am glad you had fun, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Bonnie said...

Back to the real world. Play time is over.