A couple of months ago, I ran across a Rag Cutting Machine on a weavers marketplace on Ravelry. I mentioned it to the Weavers and they all agreed that it might be a good addition to our tool belt. We purchased the machine and it came in a very short time. We were really busy at that time with the Fall Craft Show, and though I played around with it a little bit, I was having trouble making it work properly.
Today, I set it up with a small roll of cloth so that only 2 cuts were going to be made.
The problem arises when the fabric begins to roll on itself very slightly, and before you know it it has folded itself in half and then the tension goes all wonky! With the spacers in there it is a little tricky because they add more space between the fabric strips than there was origionally.
I got the bright idea to put those nails between the strips as it comes off the cutters and that did the trick. I was very careful to go slowly and watch the new spools of cloth closely, but I had no further problems.
These rolls of cloth are ready to be used in the place-mats I am finishing up today. They are neat and tidy and I really am impressed with our new tool. ( They are so cool that they can even defy gravity!)