Thursday, May 19, 2011

What is happening today

I had a pile of rugs, table runners and placemats that were waiting near the sewing machine for me to hem. I decided today was the day. I still have a few to go.




After hemming they go into the washing machine and then on a rack to dry. This is the first batch I did this morning.






After a while I ran out of thread so I went to Hobby Lobby. While I was in the area I stopped in at Target. I want to get back into craft shows and so I have been thinking about my booth display. I want to do something different this year. I have this idea that I can hang my rugs on hangers from a garment rack and make them easier for people to see rather than stacking them on a table. This is what I found. It is a commercial grade rack that folds down to four inches. Hope this works for me.




I also finished winding a dish towel warp for the Schacht. It is shades of blue.





Lastly I will leave you with some pictures of flowers from my studio garden.








And now the mystery plant. This is very short. I have never seen this before. Any ideas as to what it is?





Linda

6 comments:

Tina J said...

You have been busy! How satisfying to see all your work laid out before you.
I don't recognize the flower, sorry.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful flowers. I don't recognize it either. Isn't it a good feeling to get so much done.

LA said...

Great idea about the rack...all you need now are some pant hangers....no...make that "rug" hangers!

KarenInTheWoods said...

Your new rack is gonna help a lot for your booth and also just displaying rugs in your studio too. Good move!

Love your flower pics... we are wayyy behind you in springtime weather for sure.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steveio
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

I think your flower is a Hypericum (St. Johnswort). Probably H. calycinum which is a ground cover plant.

Linda said...

Thank you, Dawn! I looked it up and the flowers are the same.