I had finished this throw and the Navy one on Wednesday. The Navy one was without any errors at all, so it went directly to the washer once it was hemmed. The Red one however had several treadling errors, by that I mean lots!
The back of the throw is supposed to look like the first picture. Half of the throw was perfect, but the other half was riddled with errors like you see to the left.
I am waiting anxiously for this precious fabric to come out of the wash because Red is notorious for bleeding. I had done the color study with good results, but then I had had terrible results with the copper! I had chosen to do just plain water for the first wash, and I had forgotten the color catcher. It began to bleed, and bleed some more.
I finally called the Woolery today, for words of wisdom on how to prevent this problem in the future, like today for instance! I was told by the nicest lady, that I need to use 3 cups of salt per pound of fabric.
The throw weighed just under 2 lbs, so I went with 6 cups. That is 2 1/2 cartons of salt!
So I am waiting, I will post a pic when it comes out of the dryer, good or bad.
While I would say that it came out pretty good, it is not perfect. There are a few faint tinges of pink in some of the natural. If I try again, I will treat the red with salt before weaving. It is not horrible, but I wouldn't try to sell it.
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina