Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Said I Wasn't Goin' To.......

  I went with the best of intentions (and we all know where that leads!)  The Center is having a Porch Sale this weekend, and they always have a table of home-baked goodies. I had baked a batch of my Red Velvet cookies, and had them bagged and priced.....ready to go!   I walked right in the front door without allowing my eyes to wander to the shelves on the porch stocked with discounted treasures.  
  After putting my bags of cookies on the sale table, I politely purchased a chess square to take home and enjoy later.  (Whewwwww.....I'm almost done!)
  But, NO....don't look......a BAG of specialty yarns sitting on the shelf on the porch.  Only $2!!!!  Now, you know I don't need any more yarn or thread.....I made it through Tuesday's sale without buying anything!  But, that beautiful assortment of yarns just had to come home with me!

 
  Can you say, "Hello, my name is LouAnn, and I'm addicted to Fiber!"

  What I was seeing were some yarns to use for stripes in some chenille scarves that I want to make.  There isn't enough to do a whole project, yet there's plenty to use in a mixed warp....and the colors were perfect for the chenille I have on hand.    I even started a moebius using that lovely turquoise and purple yarn.  I really love how that scarf is crocheting along.  I already have about 6 inches completed.
  Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I bought 2 rigid heddles.....they are about two inches too wide for my rigid heddle loom, though.  Wonder if I can shorten them????  I only paid $1.

And, finally, thoughts and prayers going out to the people of Japan..............

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Tina J said...

It strikes when we least expect it doesn't it!
Yes, the whole world is in turmoil, now in Japan. Lifting them up!

roxie said...

I've given up swearing off buying yarn. The yarn always makes a liar of me.

The Japanese should be so proud! They were prepared and that saved millions of lives in the earthquake and tsunami.

Theresa said...

Let's hope they never come up with a 12 step program for fiber in any of it's forms!