Monday, April 19, 2010

We are still at it.




This is the new kitchen light in my studio. What do you think?


This has been a busy week for me. My husband and I have been looking at lots of flooring and finally decided on one. He thinks laminate is the way to go. Easy to clean after weaving. I picked some that looks like chestnut. He and our oldest son unloaded 30 boxes! I can't wait to see what this looks like on the floor. It should go down pretty quickly because the padding is already on the back of each plank.


I managed to get a couple of ceilings painted, more walls washed and some work done out in the yard. Not easy to do with a bad knee. Part of the back yard will be for vegetables and part for flowering plants. Last week I planted a green grape plant and two raspberry plants. Things are sprouting up pretty quickly over there. I am going to have lots of lilies! Right now some columbine is blooming as well as lily of the valley. I even discovered some money plants growing at the edge of the woods. The flowers are so pretty! The shrubs in front of the house are blooming, too. They are called Chinese laurel.


I took some time out last week to play around with some curtains I bought. Want to see? Hmmm, I can never seem to get the pictures just where I want them! Since I was in a hurry to see what they looked like I didn't iron them or put them on the right rod.
Well there you have it. I hope I can get more done this week!
Linda












5 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, you have been amazingly busy. The light looks great as do the curtains. Can hardly wait to see that floor in.

LA said...

This is going to be an amazing place for you to weave! Just don't forget to come to the Center on Tuesdays, OK?????

Tina J said...

I know you are excited to see some things coming together. It has been a long road, hasn't it!
We can't wait to help you move in those looms. See you tomorrow, Tina

Maggie said...

I know what you mean about the pictures! Where do they go when they just disappear? And why won't they stay where you put them?

Bonnie said...

Hope that you can sneek away for a bit tomorrow, at least at lunch. It is looking great!