Thursday, May 19, 2016

**Squirrel**

  Anyone that knows me knows that I'm easily distracted.  Enough said..........
  So...let's talk about the Museum.  Tina and I have been about once a week the last month, and I have been taking my Inkle loom to weave in the cabin.  This week we had a group scheduled for Monday, and I thought it might be a good time to get a warp on the loom in the Loom House.  We've had a little chilly weather the last week or so, and, I dressed in jeans and layers as I planned for the day.
  Tina and I got the warp wound on the back beam in record time (11 yards) and I was able to start threading while I talked to the groups as they wandered through.  It was going fine until a cloud moved over the sun, and the temp must have dropped 10 degrees!!!  My fingers started having a little trouble getting the hook through the eye of that string heddle....it must be time to quit for the day.  Tina had been spinning on the porch, and she was ready to pack it up, too!  I'll get back next week to get the job finished and start weaving.  There are a lot of tourist during the summer months, as well as summer camp groups, so I'll have a lot of company.

  I have gone to the cutting table a billion times to start tracing this pattern, and finally got there!  I really love the multi-size patterns, but, that also means you have prep work before you can even lay out your pattern.  Since this is the first time for this top, I'm going to use a little print as a muslin before I use that cute little beach fabric.

But.....in the meantime......




  I was really wanting some pineapple upside cake (they had some at the Museum when I was picking up lunch on Tuesday, but I was full of resolve!!!)  Now.......I don't need a whole cake, needless to say!  But, I had a recipe for making just SIX cupcakes!!!  (That's much better, don't you think?)  Just a little brown sugar and some pineapple will give you a mini pineapple upside down cake!!!!
  Just in case you've been wanting just a wee bit of sweetness, here's the recipe:
Six Cup Cakes
1 cup cake mix
1 egg
3 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
  Mix well.  Spoon into the cupcake liners.  (I use the silicone liners that have been sprayed with cooking spray.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 19-23 minutes.
  There are so many possibilities here.................



  Here's another wee bit of sweetness, my Sweetie!  She was all curled up on the chair with her paws over her eyes.  Too cute!



  And, now you know why I can relate to this meme that was on Facebook this week.  This is sooooooo  ME!!!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

I did some "organizing" today too, I know just what you are talking about!

Theresa said...

Oh pineapple upside-down cake is my favorite! I'll have to try those, with a bit of rum to soak in those cupcakes. ;-)
You got your hands on that McCalls pattern. Good. I like the longer sleeve version myself. If you do the short sleeve be aware the sleeve may need a bit of lengthening so as not to be at an awkward spot on the arm and feel, uncomfortable when you raise them.