Monday, March 21, 2016

Think Blue

Where does the week go? Well, I will admit that I did go to Pigeon Forge on Thursday for the quilt show. That's always inspiring and I will admit that I worked on a quilt that's been sitting by my sewing machine, spending a few hours making 9 patch blocks. You need a little break every so often and early spring is my break time.
I did work some. The last 4 rugs on the warp are woven, serged, hemmed and inventoried, ready to go when needed.
Starting with a few more aqua toned selvedges as the core color, I found some balls of selvedges to go together.
Adding a few darker tones to the colors made for an interesting rug.
Then navy was added and a bit more brown.
This was the darkest rug in navy. 
There's another black warp on the loom, threaded and ready to go. My shuttles are full and ready. I just need to get a few things done around the house and then get going on this warp. I'd love to get it done this week. With the weather being colder this week, outside won't be as tempting. 
Maybe it'll happen.
Until next week. 
Keep weaving!
Carol

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Now those are serious rugs. I bet they wear like iron and look good doing it.
Quilt shows are always so much fun. I wish we had more of them around here.
Have you ever gone to the big international one in Houston? Well worth the experience if you can get there.