Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Loving What We Do

You saw the photo LouAnn posted yesterday of the blooming leaf I'm weaving, and I loved it so much!  I couldn't stop looking at it!   I didn't want to leave yesterday, and certainly wasn't ready to go, but what you might not know is that all the looms you see in our photos of people weaving in the middle of the room get stored behind my loom, and behind LouAnn's loom.  Everything needs to be put away so the Wednesday Quilters can have the space, so it has to go somewhere!  
  It's probably a good thing I stopped when I did, because doing yard work this morning revealed exactly what kind of work out weaving on Bertha is giving me.  Take a look at the video and you'll see just how far I have to travel to make one pick.  The bench slides, but I'm going to bring in a candle to wax up the treads on the bench to make it slide easier.
  Since the leaf is done, I'm starting on the center repeats next Tuesday.  You know how much I love overshot, and I am pretty sure I can finish the 18 repeats next week, just because it's so much fun.


  Here's a panorama shot of the whole blooming leaf border:
If you click on it, it should straighten out and be easier to see.  Don't you just love it?
  At home, I've started cutting all the fleece I got from Marian's stash into strips to make shag rugs.  I meant to work on it some more today, but the rotary cutter just hurts my hand when I use it too much, which is what I did yesterday.  A day's rest, and I should be able to finish it up.  Oh, and then the fun I'll have planning new rugs!  I'll finish the black scarf, and be back on Jennifer, cranking out fleecy, soft, plush shag rugs.  Can't wait!
Time now though to hit the highway and go have movie and dinner with friends.  Ah, days off!  Have a good one yourself, and Happy Weaving!
Maggie

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

It is so beautiful. Well worth the rough start. Lots of fun to weave and watch the pattern form.

Tina J said...

I love the coverlet! I never thought about using fleece fabric in a shag rug, that is brilliant!
See you next week, Tina

LA said...

That coverlet is lovely...and it's exhausting just watching you weave on Bertha!!! But, it's coming along nicely! Rugs....shag rugs!!! Yeah!

Rachel Berry said...

Love the look of total concentration on your face! I'm so envious of you and your group. How I wish I lived nearer.