Friday, October 21, 2011

I had planned....

After the flurry of activity of the last few weeks, I told myself that I was going to take Wednesday off and get a couple of things done outside for a change.  Well, Tuesday night it began to rain, and get colder too.  I can take cold very well, and rain doesn't really bother me, I have been known to dig a ditch or two in the rain, but the 2 together really did a number on me!  I managed to get a little firewood inside, cover the wood pile with a tarp, and secure the chainlink fencing around the new dog kennel I was given on Sunday.  Then I made a dash for the house, showered and put on dry clothes, and drank a hot drink.  The fences will just have to wait!

I turned my attention to the blankets that I had finished in time for Tuesdays mock up.  I had just run them thru the dryer to set the color a little bit more and to shrink them a bit.  I pulled them out and ran them thru 2 wash cycles (with color catchers).  I am pleased to say that they washed beautifully!


I ran them thru the dryer til just damp, then I gently stretched them both ways, and hung them to finish drying.


I folded them yesterday, and they are waiting on the table for there tags.

It is a beautiful day outside today, I may get some fencing done this week after all.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

Linda said...

I just love your baby blankets! So beautiful!

Hmmm, I think I remember those ditches you dug in the rain!

LA said...

The blankets look so beautiful all folded up together....it just makes you want to cuddle! I'm looking forward to the next few sunny days, too!