Monday, October 10, 2011

Crunch Time!

This is the last full week before next week's Craft Fair of the Southern Highlands in Asheville. So, this is crunch week!!
I finished a royal blue warp the other day. Wove it right to the end! Through the heddles you can see the toilet paper that I wove to keep the weft  in at the end of that vest piece! I like it when I have just the right amount of weft for the planned projects!

 The last warp is on the loom now. It's royal blue, wisteria and jungle green (not as yellow as the picture shows). I'm hoping to weave about half of it today and finish it up on Wednesday. While weaving I've been watching the first season of LOST. The special features disc has been quite interesting with how the story evolved as they were auditioning actors for the parts. Hopefully my shuttle will fly as I work on this warp. Sometimes threads break in the warp and that always slows down your rhythm!! Getting up to repair them is good for the body but not the speed of getting it off the loom!!
I'm finishing assembling the red pieces hopefully by this evening so I'll have hand work to do. I've washed one purple warp and the other is in the machine right now. It'll be ready to cut and sew tomorrow. Then I'll start washing the royal blue ones. Assembly line here we come!! Hope I have enough buttons in the right colors.....
Until next week
Carol

3 comments:

LA said...

OK....so I won't complain about my November deadline!!! It sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Linda said...

The cloth looks wonderful! Soon you will be able to relax and take it easy.

Bonnie said...

Happy weaving of beautiful cloth for wonderful garments.